Click the rotarting snowflake in the lower bottom, left-hand corner to disable the falling snowflakes.
This seminar (originally offered at an SDC
Join the KobeJET website team!
Interested in helping with content moderation or translation? These are great opportunities to practice your editing or translation skills, and add professional, visible real-world experience to your resume.
Interested in marketing? We also need help expanding upon and building new English language and living in Japan partnerships, including backlinks and the option for building an ads component to help fund the site.
KYOTO JETS is a website run by the current PAs in Kyoto City and Kyoto Prefecture for the purpose of distributing information and providing support.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact one of the Kyoto PAs at any time!
Tofugu started out as a college course project in 2008. It was rooted as a Japanese language blog for English speakers. Over the years Tofugu began to find its niche and evolved into a full-time business.
Today there are two facets of Tofugu: the blog and the company.
Most people are familiar with our wonky Japanese language and culture blog, which is what you are seeing at this very moment.
Organic Center & online shop
There are many options to exchange money in and out of Japan. Better rates can usually be found upon arriving in a destination country when traveling. Airport rates can also usually be worse than exchanges one your pass through immigration, but this can depend upon the country and situation.
Feel free to include your personal experience with any countries you've travelled in!
A popular news source in Japan provided in English
Expedia Japan -
Student Universe empowers young adults to experience the world with discount travel. For students and those under 26, our cheap flights, hotels and tours make it affordable to travel anywhere you want to go. Although we specialize in student and youth discounts, most of our promo codes apply for all ages.
Let me introduce the Triage Triangle. This is a helpful tool in helping you decide who to ask for help. Don't be afraid to ever seek support, but it's important to be mindful of the people you are asking!
Public transportation in Japan is infamous for its punctuality and customer service. However, thanks to Murphy's law a number of factors can cause delays or even complete suspension, such as natural disasters, "human accidents" (either someone fell on the tracks or jumped), malfunctions, or bad luck.
Within two months before your residence card expires, go to your local Regional Immigration Office with the following documents:
1. Application form
2. A 3cm x 4cm photograph of yourself, taken passport-style within the past 3 months (please write your name on the back)
3. Your residence card
4. Your passport OR certificate of status of residence
5. Optional: Application for Indication of Name Using Kanji Characters on the Residence Card (only if you wish to have your name indicated both in alphabet and in kanji characters)
- Click on ファイル (File ) at the top of your window.
- Click on オプション (Options) at the bottom of the list.
- Click on 言語 (Language) on the left side, and then change the ポップヒント言語の設定 (Tooltip language setting) on the right side at the bottom.
Much thanks to Matt Pulzford for looking this up and writing up a mini guide.
In response to inquiries about emergency procedures, CIRs Nicole and Daniel put together a list of some general advice below:
To show a Prezi presentation offline, you simply need to open and fully load in a browser tab the Prezi you wish to present. Then you can disconnect your laptop/KIIF from the internet and still safely play the Prezi within the browser.
- Find the Fare Adjustment Machine near the gates. It should be yellow and say 乗り越し精算.
- If needed, press the "English" button to change languages.
- Insert your commuter pass in the upper left ticket slot. (Do this with any small ticket, magnetic ticket, or IC card.)
- The screen will indicate how much money you owe. ("~~円不足です")
- Insert bills and coins in the appropriate slots. BTW you can stack multiple bills!
- (If charging funds to an IC card, the screen will ask you if you need a receipt.
Attached is a Quick start up guide on how to Open a file in PS, set it up to work with, and save the file after the image is edited.
There is also a brief breakdown of recommended Adobe programs.
This document also contains helpful links to free tutorials and websites that can help you become the PS master you have always wanted to be.
January 27, 2017
Call out for lesson plans!
As we approach the end of the year, you know those awesome lessons you made that the kids loved and really helped them practice their English - while learning about different cultures and being FUN!!
Kobe City website has maps showing the likelihood of certain common hazards during extreme weather events. You can click the tabs at the top of each map to toggle between different alerts.
Hazards related to heavy rains: http://www.city.kobe.lg.jp/safety/prevention/map/hazardMap/index.html?lay=do
Question: What do you call really old onigiri?