Suki Suki Janken
SUKI SUKI JANKEN
Level ES 1-6
Duration 5-10 minutes
Grammar point I like ~.
Objective To interact using pictures and simple English phrases.
Resources simple pictures printed on thick paper & cut, colored pencils, pens, or crayons
- Prepare many simple pictures from a category such as [fruits]. Copy to thick paper and cut into cards.
- Students take five cards and color them
- Teach the target vocabulary, plus the phrase, “I like ~. How about you?” and possibly, “Here you are.” and “Thank you.”
Game: Similar to the Interview Janken Game or Life Game.
- Students find a partner.
- Each student chooses a card and has a conversation around their fruit:
A: I like [apples]. How about you?
B: I like [bananas].
- The pair plays rock, paper, scissors.
- The loser must hand the winner one of their cards.
- Repeat until students lose all five cards. Then, they must go to the teacher and ask for, “One more, please.”
The child with the most cards is the winner. Try using the post-game How Many technique to figure out who has the most.