- Teams of 3-5
- Each team takes turns guessing a letter, word, or the entire phrase
- Correct guess - one more turn
- Up to a possible total of 3 turns before moving to the next team
- Incorrect guess - next team's turn
- Team members take turns guessing
- No points for letters, but they allow the team to take another turn
- 1 point per word
- 3 points for full sentence
- 1 bonus point if the sentence is a question and the team can give an appropriate, correct answer (e.g. How many states are in the USA? A: There are 50./It has 50.)
Sample Phrases - These are just examples. Please take some time to think of interesting and challenging (but doable) sentences that would be educational and funny for your students appropriate to their level of learning.
- Is Mr. Morishita's favorite hobby bungee jumping?
- Are Godzilla and Picotaro best friends?
- How does Momotaro get to Onigashima?
- Seattle and Kobe are _________ cities. (Said "are... nanchara ...cities" - A: "sister cities")
- What did Luffy and Totoro do last weekend?
- Where is the best ramen in Kobe?
- Why does Chihiro like the pigs at the bath house?
- Nato icecream
Special thanks to Maira Bush for helping me finetune this activity!