Students race to write a story about a given topic on the board. E.g., zombies, Japanese/American foods, Christmas break, favorite movies, etc.
2 or 3 groups with 5~8 students each
- Students line up in their group facing the board
- Each student writes 3 words, then goes to the back of the line
- When the stories start to get about 1~2 full sentences long, a 30 second warning is given
- The goal of timing is just to allow the groups to make appropriate length stories that aren't too short or long.
- 1 point is awarded for every:
- Exceptional or humorous phrase
- 1 point is subtracted for each:
- Spelling mistake
- Grammar mistake
- Nonsense phrase
The OTE can be involved to judge the overall interestingness of the story and award or deduct points accordingly.
At the end of every round, the group with the lowest number of points can be allowed to choose the next topic.
Level UP! 2 topics can be chosen to create a combined story. Teams can get additional points for each topic they use in an understandable/meaningful way.